Raspisan je natječaj za 2013 Clementina Saduwa Award. Nagrada se dodjeljuje ženama u inženjerstvu za dostignuća iz inženjerskog područja u Regiji 8 (naša regija).
Rok za prijavu je 15.2.2013, a orginalni tekst poziva možete pročitati u nastavku obavijesti.
2013 Clementina Saduwa Award:
Who is Clementina Saduwa
Clementina Saduwa was a tireless and extremely effective volunteer student leader a few years back, when the IEEE Nigeria Section was being revived, and she went on to become the first ever IEEE Region 8 Women In Engineering (WIE) Coordinator. In January, She was killed in a random act of violence and leaves behind her husband and young daughter. She was 29 years old
To Honor her rule and work throughout the years, WIE have named the award for the recognition of women engineer in Region 8 who, through their engineering and career achievements, have demonstrated noteworthy support for women in the profession and have established a benchmark of engineering excellence after her name
May your soul rest in peace Clementina
Objectives of the Award:
Objectives of the Award is to recognize a women engineer in Region 8 who, through her engineering and career achievements, has demonstrated noteworthy support for women in the profession and have established a benchmark of engineering excellence and of the following eligibility criteria.
The final decision of a committee composed of 5 male and female members, was based on various aspects, including CV, personal statement, level of difficulties in achieving a professional career, reference letters, level of involvement of referees. The winner of 2012 Clementina Saduwa Award is Dr. Wejdan Abu-Elhaija Princess Sumaya University for Science and Technology from the Jordan Section for her professional and personal achievements.
Eligibility and Selection:
Selection Criteria will be reviewed by the IEEE Region 8 WIE and Awards and Recognition Subcommittees. The eligible candidate must be;
1. An active female engineer working in one of the fields of interest of IEEE.
2. An IEEE member who’s engineering and career achievements are performed in one of the countries belonging to the IEEE Region 8.
3. The submitted application must provide a statement (750 words maximum) that reflects her career goals, challenges and obstacles she faced in her career and describes how she had overcome them.
4. The nominator (who could be a non-IEEE member) has to submit at least two signed endorsement letters from individuals (References) who are qualified to evaluate her success (Work colleague, teachers, etc). Additional optional endorsement letters from public or private establishments can be provided.
5. Award can be offered to candidate one time only.
Amount of the Award:
Set to 2000 Euro.
Applications must be submitted to the IEEE R8 WIE Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org; incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline is 23:59 UTC 15 February 2013.