Call for Student Posters and Demos
sponsored/organized by IEEE Communications Society Croatia Chapter
The 12th International Conference on Telecommunications
Zagreb, Croatia, June 26-28, 2013
The ConTEL 2013 Poster and Demo Track is envisioned as a forum for Master and PhD level students in the area of information and communication technology (ICT). The forum will provide an opportunity to present (ongoing) research, with focus on practical results and solutions referring to modern telecommunications. It aims at providing visibility and a discussion forum in an informal setting for presenting works-in-progress and software solutions related to the fields of ICT and telecommunications.
Topics of interest correspond to research topics in the ConTEL conference call for papers:
- Future Internet and next generation networking
- Converged networks and applications, including telecom NGNs and IMS
- Software technologies and service platforms for emerging services
- Web services, middleware, software agents
- Multimedia applications and services, rich communications services, and networked games
- QoS and QoE assessment and provisioning
- Cooperative networking, machine-to-machine communication
- Service infrastructure and management: virtualization, Grid and cloud computing services
- Traffic measurement, modeling, simulation, analysis, and engineering
- IPv6 transition, operation and research issues
- Telecommunication market, including business models, SLA, pricing, and regulatory issues
- Context awareness, personalization, content-based and social networking
Presenting a poster at ConTEL is a great opportunity for students to obtain interesting and valuable feedback on their ongoing research, as well as to achieve high visibility of their practical solutions. We invite poster submissions from both individual authors and groups of authors. Submission of a poster implies that, if accepted, one of the authors will present the poster at the conference. The submission and evaluation procedure and deadlines are described below. The evaluation committee will select the best posters and demos, and award prizes to the winners.
Who can apply. The poster and demo session and competition are open to Master and PhD level students only. A proof of student status is required.
Submission. Students should submit for review an A4 paper size poster with visually appealing material that best describes their work. A poster should include the following information: a) definition of the problem being addressed, b) motivation for your work, i.e., what makes this problem interesting and important, and c) description of the proposed solution. A demo submission may include (in addition to the poster) a video clip showcasing the demo, or alternatively the students may decide to present their demo live at the conference, with the stipulation that there would be no additional costs or technical requirements for conference organizers.
Please submit your A4 paper size poster at EDAS, https://www.edas.info/conference.php?c=15147. Submissions must include a title, authors’ names, contact information, and affiliation.
Review. Posters will be evaluated based on content and presentation by the Demo and Poster Technical Committee, appointed by the IEEE ComSoc Croatia Chair and ConTEL TPC Chairs. The Committee will review the submissions and select those to be presented at the poster session at the conference. The selected presenters will be considered for the Best Poster and Best Demo Awards. The posters selected for presentation will be enlarged and printed on A0 paper size at the organizers’ expense and put on display in the conference space.
Fees. There is no fee to participate, but the participants are responsible for their own travel and subsistence costs.
- Submission deadline for A4 paper size posters: June 14th, 2013 (hard deadline)
- Notification of acceptance: June 19th, 2013
- Camera-ready version: June 21th, 2012
- ConTEL conference: June 26th - 28th, 2013
Demo & Poster Chair
- Ivana Podnar Žarko, Chapter Chair, IEEE Communications Society Croatia Chapter